START: March 2020 - FINISH: October 2020
Westforce was awarded a contract to upgrade the No. 2, 9ML tank roof at Water Corporation's Northam site, Western Australia.
The original sheet metal roof and supporting steel columns, purlins and beams were to be replaced with a precast concrete roof supported on precast columns on in-situ footings, with an in-situ topping slab.
View Project Drone Flyover
Demolition and disposal of existing roof
- Joint & crack repair including management of asbestos
- Construction of in situ footings dowelled into existing slab
- Installation of precast columns
- Installation of precast beams over precast columns and onto existing wall
- Installation of precast hollow core concrete panels
- Concrete screed on top of hollow core concrete panels including edge formwork
- Installation of access staircase with security access
- Installation of aluminium ventilators and access hatch
- Installation of FRP access ladder
- Leak testing & commissioning to bring the tank back into service