|Kojonup, WA||$40M ~||Enel Green Power|
START: JUNE 2022 - FINISH: CURRENT
The Flat Rocks Stage 1 wind farm will feature the tallest turbines in Western Australia, comprising a total of 18 Vestas V150-4.2MW machines at a tip height of 200 metres. The project will include concrete footings and hardstand areas for each turbine, an internal road network, substation and an Operations and Maintenance Building.
The project is currently in the pre-construction phase and will begin onsite construction works in the fourth quarter of 2022 with overall completion scheduled for 2024. The 76MW facility is expected to output 315GWh per annum.
Westforce is responsible for delivery of the Civil Balance of Plant (CBOP) package for the Project.
The Project is located approximately 250km South- East of Perth and 30km Southeast of Kojonup in Western Australia.
To stay up to date, you can view the projects progression here
- Detailed design of concrete foundations, internal road network, turbine hardstand areas and O&M Building and facilities
- Site preparation
- Construction site facilities and site services
- Opening and operating a gravel pit with crushing and screening facility
- Drilling and blasting (as necessary) for removal of rock
- Construction of public road intersections, entrances, and other related works
- Construction of 15 km of internal roads and hardstands to WTGs and to the substation
- Construction of hardstand areas at each turbine location (fit for a 750 Ton crane)
- ~ 270,000m3 of cut / fill and gravel pavement
- Construction of drainage system and crossings
- Construction of 18 concrete wind turbine foundations
- Establishment and operation of two remote concrete batch plants
- ~ 1200 Ton of steel reinforcement and 12,000m3 of concrete
- Construction of O&M Building and associated facilities
Bulk Earthworks: 270,000m3
Reinforcement: 1200 Tons
Operational Capacity: 76MW